Numbers 18 is the tithing statute-ordinance of the Old Covenant. Here is what it teaches:
1. 18:21 Levitical food tithes should be given to the servants of the priests who are guards, builders and caretakers. (Num 3) (Lev 27:30-34)
21 And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation.
2. 18:22 Ordinary worshippers shall not enter the Tabernacle grounds under punishment of death.
22 Neither must the children of Israel henceforth come nigh the tabernacle of the congregation, lest they bear sin, and die.
3. 18:23 Levitical servants to the ministers shall not inherit land or property.
23 But the Levites shall do the service of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they shall bear their iniquity: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations, that among the children of Israel they have no inheritance.
4. 18:24 As a salary for assisting the ministers as builders, guards, animal skinners and maintenance work, the Levites shall receive the first whole tithe in exchange for loss of inheritance rights.
24 But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.
5. 18:24 This is the commanded statute of the Law from God directly to Moses concerning Israel.
25 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
6. 18:26 The minister-priests only receive one tenth of the tithe, or one per cent of the total, from the Levites.
26 Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, even a tenth part of the tithe.
7. 18:27 The tenth of the tithe received by the priests from the Levites shall be considered a food tithe.
27 And this your heave offering shall be reckoned unto you, as though it were the corn of the threshingfloor, and as the fulness of the winepress.
8. 18:28 As heave offerings the tithes were always only food and never money. The minister-priests who receive the tithes from the Levites are not commanded to tithe.
28 Thus ye [Levites] also shall offer an heave offering unto the LORD of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel; and ye shall give thereof the LORD's heave offering to Aaron the priest.
1. Tithes were only food from Israel.
2. Tithes went to the workers and not to the ministers.
3. Ministers only received one per cent.
4. Ordinary worshippers could not enter the Tabernacle grounds and would be killed if they tried.
5. Tithe recipients could not own or inherit property.
Please discuss God's Word and explain why the New Covenant Church does not obey ANY of the above tithing commandments.