Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

MIRACLE AT IRON HILL BAPTIST

MIRACLE OR CONINCIDENCE; IRON HILL BAPTIST, ACWORTH, GA, April 15, 2012

I was among the approximately 100 eyewitnesses. My watch read 11:38 A. M. Pastor Dan Guider was preaching on John 20:19 the Sunday following Easter. The text mentioned fear. Pastor Dan spoke the exact words “Some of you are afraid of the dark.”

What happened a split second later is something I have never witnessed in my 67 years. Our lights went out! The pastor and most of the congregation instinctively looked back to see who was playing with the switches. Pastor Dan said something like “all right now” before we all noticed that it was real – the emergency lights were on.

Miracle or very great coincidence? What are those odds? Personally I cannot accept that this was only a coincidence. I believe that God was sending a message, a sign, to somebody hearing the gospel that morning. Nobody came forward to be saved or rededicate their life. I hope and pray that next Sunday does not reveal that something bad happened to somebody in that congregation this week.

The lights came back on several hours later.

No comments: