From the Internet Article, The Gap Theory Defended
Baker, Charles F., (1950) A Dispensational Theology, p168; Grace Bible College, Grand Rapids, Mich, Dispensational
Barnes, Albert (d1951), Barnes Notes, Gen 1:1-2
Barnhouse, Donald Grey (d1960), The Invisible War, p21-26; Genesis, p10
Baxter, J. Sidlow (d1999), Explore the Book, p35, Australia
Boice, James Montgomery (d2000), Genesis, Vol 1, p50-53
Criswell, W. A. (d2002), Great Doctrines of the Bible, Vol 7, Angelology, p89
Custance, Arthur C. (d1985), Without Form and Void, Canadian
DeHaan, M. R. (d1965), Genesis and Evolutdion, p26-28; The Devil and His Angels, p6-8
English, E. Schuyler (d1981), Pilgrim Study Bible, p1, footnote
Frederick, Steve, co-author of article, The Gap Theory Defended
Gaebalein,, Arno C.(1861-1945), The Annotated Bible, p16
Gray, James M.(d1935), Christian Workers Commentary, p11, President Moody Bible College
Harris, Elmore (d1911), Pres. Toronto Bible Institute (Tyndale University), Ed. Scofield Reference Bible
Head, Harold, co-author of article, The Gap Theory Defended
Hutson, Curtis, (d1995), Demonology, 6-parts, Demonology Outlines, p3a, Sword of the Lord
Ironside, H. A.(d1931, Ironside Bible, p25; pastored Moody Church
Jamieson, Fausset, Brown Commentary, Gen 1:1-2
Larkin, Charles, Dispensational Truth, p24 (1919)
McGee, J. Vernon (d1988), Thru the Bible, Vol 1, p13, Genesis-Deuteronomy; from Presbyterian to Independent Church
Morgan, G. Campbell I(d1945) [by Jill Morgan], This Was His Faith, p39; Pastor Westminster Chapel, London.
Moorehead, W. G., Pres. Xenia (U.. P.) Theological Seminary, Ed. Scofield Reference Bible
Newell, William R.(d1956), Studies in the Pentateuch, p34
Pember, G. H.(d1910), Earth’s Earliest Ages; English, associated with the Plymouth Brethren
Phillips, John, Exploring Genesis, p38
Pink, Arthurd(d1952), Gleaning in Genesis, p10
Rimmer, Harry (d1952), Modern Science and the Genesis Record
Sauer, Erich(d1959), The Dawn of World Redemption, P35; The Puritan Board
Schaeffer, Francis (d1984), Genesis in Space and Time
Strauss, Mark Lehman , Demons, es, But thank God for Angels, p9
Unger, Merrill (d1980), Unger’s Commentary on the Old Testament, Vol 1, p6; Dallas Theological Seminary
Weston, Henry G., Pres. Crozier Theological Seminary, Editor Scofield Ref Bible
Wuest, Kenneth (d1962), Prophetic Light in Present Darkness, p66; taught at Moody Bible Institute
Younce, Max D.[----], The Truth about Evolution, or Don’t Let Satan Make a Monkey Out of You
1. Isaiah 14:12-14 implies tht before Lucifer sinned, he ruled Earth with his angels. He was beneath the clouds.
2. Ezekiel 28:12-19 says that Satan had been in Eden as Lucifer, “the anointed that covereth” before he sinned and before Adam was created.
3. Ezekiel 28:13-19 says that God would bring Satan to ashes upon Earth.
4. Isaiah 14:17 says that Lucifer’s fall and change into Satan “made the world as a wilderness.”
5. Isaiah 45:18 implies that Earth was originally created good before Lucifer’s fall.
6. Genesis 1:2’s “without form and void” refers to judgment in Isaiah 34:11; 45:18 and Jeremiah 4:23.
7. Genesis 9:1’s “replenish” is also found in Genesis 1:28. The inspired KJV writers may have deliberately made this distinction.
8. Genesis’ 1:1’s “bara” means “create out of nothing.” It appears in 1:1for the original substance, 1:21 fo birds and 1:24-25 for man. “Made” refers to the use of pre-existing material.
9. Genesis 1:3-31 refer to sentient mankind and replenishing of Earth after Lucifer’s fall and war in heaven.
10. Ephesians 2:2 teaches that Satan has been the “prince and power of the air” since his fall. That is why day 2 of creation was not called “good.”
Article, Thomistic Evolution, Roman Catholic
Church Fathers Basil of Caesarea (d379), Ambrose, Bishop of Milan (d397) and [?John of Damascus, d749] Damascene also teach that the universe was created instantaneously or before time.
Origen (d254) and Clement [?of Alexandria? [d215] taught that time did not exist until after creation; creation is the source of time; the 6 days are not literal in time.
Augustine (d430) did not interpret the 6 days as literal.